- Maximum one entry per bar.
- Entrants will enter as a bar, not as individuals.
- Teams of two must compete together.
- Venues will be invited by Hi-Spirits to compete in a regional competition
- If your venue is interested in competing, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
- If there are more venues interested in competing than space available, Buffalo Trace representatives will visit each venue as a secret shopper. They will order a selection of classic bourbon cocktails. The venues which we deem to produce the best cocktails and knowledge, will make it through to the regional competition.
- Entries will be invited by Hi-Spirits based on the bar fulfilling entrance criteria and agreeing to abide by the rules of the competition.
- To be considered a bourbon bar, you must stock at least 5 bourbons.
- All entrants will be told a minimum of two weeks before the regional competitions.
- Competitions will take place on the following days:
- Nottingham 15th August
- Manchester 23rd August
- London 5th September
- Edinburgh TBC
- 1st place of each regional final will win an all-expenses paid trip to Kentucky, USA, for both contestants. Plus, one bottle of Antique Collection for the bar. The venue will also win an allocation of the Antique Collection/Pappy Van Winkle for purchase if desired. The winning venues will also receive the winner’s plaque which will proudly sit on the back bar.
- 2nd and 3rd place will win bottles of limited edition Whiskey for their venues, plus individual prizes.
Drinks & Preparation – (The Buffalo Bourbon Battle)
- Competitors will be given tasks which must be completed on the day. These will include, but not be limited to; cocktail production, knowledge based tests, skill based tests, whiskey tastings.
- Tasks will not be known until the day of competition.
- Competitors may be required to complete different tasks.
- Each task will be worth a set amount of points, which will be advised at the beginning of the competition.
- The Competition will last for roughly 2-3 hours.
- Winning bars will be required to add a new Buffalo Trace cocktail to their menu for a minimum of 12 months. This can be a classic or bespoke cocktail.
- This will need to be displayed before the trip to the USA in October.
- By entering this competition, competitors agree to assign copyright of their recipe and drink name to the competition organisers. Competitors and drinks presented during the competition may be photographed (still or motion picture) by the organisers and copyright of these images for any use, including advertising, will be retained by the competition organisers.
- Competitors are encouraged to talk to the judges while making drinks.
- Points will be awarded for general presentation and working methods.
- Points will be broken down per task. As tasks will remain unknown until the day, the breakdown will be explained before the competition begins.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to have the final decision on any matter relating to the judging of the competition. The competition organisers will appoint the panel of judges and reserve the right to replace or appoint new judges before or during the competition.
- The judges must remain impartial.
- While every reasonable effort will be made, the competition organisers cannot guarantee the safe return of glassware, equipment or any product supplied by a competitor. Therefore, competitors are advised to house their tools and product in bags/boxes which enable them to efficiently gather and hold their equipment and ingredients immediately after competing.
- Competitors must conduct themselves in a safe manner and any action considered by the organisers to endanger fellow competitors, judges or spectators will result in instant disqualification and possible ejection from the venue.